Thursday, December 18, 2014

Things Have Changed

     A lot has changed in my life since my last post.

     For one, I graduated from Valparaiso University last Sunday. School got the best of me these last couple of months, so it's beyond nice to now have more free time to dedicate to this blog. I cannot wait to share with you guys new videos, posts, and food recipes in the near future!
  
   Secondly, I realized that I don't know if I could ever make it as a bodybuilder. Although I still would like to get on stage at some point, I don't view it as major priority at the moment. The current state of the sport seems to be too subjective, and I don't know if I want to have any part of that. Plus putting on weight has been difficult! I'm currently at 158lbs, and to be honest, I'm really happy with that. I still plan on getting to 165lbs, but I don't know if I want to weigh any more than that for the time being.
 
   During the weekend after Thanksgiving, for the first time in months, I benched heavy. I wasn't able to lift as much as I did in the summer due to dedicating the Fall to hypertrophy training, but boy was it fun. Lifting as much as you possibly can is an addicting feeling, and I missed that. What makes training heavy even more appealing is that making progress is so obvious. If you were able to lift more weight than you did last session, then you made improvements. Simple as that. Thus, with these thoughts in mind, I have decided to focus more on powerlifting, and hopefully compete sometime during the upcoming summer.

   I cannot wait for you guys to go on this journey with me! Be sure to check the blog out frequently, as well as follow me on Twitter (@AlessioFitness) to read the latest of my adventures. I also have an Instagram account (@TheAlessio10) that I will finally start uploading content to this weekend!


Andy







No comments:

Post a Comment