Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Bodybuilding Type Breakfast

I wanted to do some different types of posts, and write about what meals I normally include in my own "bulking diet."

I typically train in the mornings, so breakfast typically takes place 30-40 minutes after lifting. Since this meal takes place almost right after training, I make sure to consume both simple and complex carbohydrates. This is done to maintain blood glucose levels, as well as to start the protein synthesis process.


For breakfast, I currently eat:

                     3 Large Grade A Eggs
                     1/2 cup of Quaker Steel-Cut Oats
                     1 Extra-Large Banana

If it wasn't for the banana pieces, I don't know if I could handle the oats.

The macro-nutrient intake for this meal is roughly 645 calories with 89 grams of carbs, 30 grams of protein, and 20 grams of fat.

Some people might think that the carbohydrate intake in this breakfast is too high; however, because the meal is consumed after training, the high amount of carbohydrates are needed.

As a way to increase the protein intake of this meal (at the expense of a little fat and more carbs), I'd suggest adding a small glass (6-8 ounces) of chocolate milk.

Be on the lookout later this week for more posts similar to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment