Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pasta Sandwiches

Because of my Italian background, I have a huge love for pasta. However, a normal pasta and meatballs dish wouldn't necessarily fit into my daily macro goals. I know for a fact that I couldn't cut out pasta from my food regime entirely. Thus, I created a "pasta sandwich."


Ingredients:

2 ounces of Barilla Whole Grain Penne
1/2 cup of Barilla All Natural Pasta Sauce
1 slice of Reduced Fat Provolone Cheese
1/2 cup of Boca Meatless Ground Crumbles
1/2 cup of Kale
2 slices of Country Hearth 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat

This meal comes out to be 530 calories for 90 grams of carbs, 36 grams of protein, and 9.1 grams of fat. 

Because of the high carb content, I eat this meal approximately 40 minutes to an hour after training. 

Let me know what you think!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment