Monday, June 2, 2014

Strength Program Diet

  After logging my calories for the past week, as well as failing to hit five reps at 195 this morning (hit five last week, got 4.5 today), I realized that something needed to change.

   I get more than enough sleep a day (9-10 hours) as well as give myself two days rest before training a specific body part again. However, it hit me this morning that since being home from college, my calorie intake has decreased from 3,700 to approximately 3,100 to 3,200 a day. Now if I was training for hypertrophy instead of strength, this decrease might be tolerable; however, since I'm attempting to lift as much as possible daily, more calories are needed as a source for both energy and recovery.

  Thus, in order to help raise my calorie intake, I decided that I should add a smaller meal to my diet regime. I will now consume four whole meals with two snacks, instead of just one snack.

Pre-Workout
1/2 Scoop of Creatine Monohydrate
1 Scoop of Muscle Pharm Assault
1/2 Scoop of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein
1 Bowl of Instant Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal

Post-Workout
1 Scoop of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein
1 Cup of Kemps Fat Free Chocolate Skim Milk
1/2 Scoop of Creatine Monohydrate

Meal #1
1 cup of Old Fashioned Oats
1 Large Banana
3 Whole Eggs

Snack #1
1 Container of Kemps Greek Yogurt

Meal #2
Pasta Sandwich (2 slices of Whole Wheat Bread, 2 oz of Barilla Whole Grain Penne, 1/2 cup of Barilla Traditional Sauce, 1 slice of Reduced Fat Provolone Cheese, and 1/2 of Meatless Crumbles)

OR

Morning Star Chicken Sandwich (2 slices of Whole Wheat Bread, 2 Morning Star Chicken Patties (Either Original, Italian Herb, or Buffalo Chicken), 1 slice of Reduced Fat Provolone Cheese, Ketchup

WITH

1/2 Cup of Kale or 1 Serving of Carrots

Snack #2 (Newly Added)
Peanut Butter Sandwich (2 slices of Whole Wheat Bread, 2 tablespoons of All Natural Peanut Butter)

Meal #3
Bodybuilding Tacos (1 Harvest Wheat Flatout Tortilla, 6-6.5 ounces of Oven Roasted Diced Chicken, 1/8 cup of Reduced Fat Marble Jack Cheese, 1/2 cup of Brown Rice)

WITH

1/2 Cup of Kale or 1 Serving of Carrots

Meal #4

Whatever Mom is cooking (Normally some type of Italian or Grilled Chicken Dish)

With the addition of this new snack, my calorie intake of 3,100-3,200 calories (350 g of carbs, 230 g of protein, 70 g of fat) should be increased to 3,500-3,600 calories (380 g of carbs, 245 g of protein, 85 g of fat).

My body weight is currently 155-157 pounds. This added snack should help make me feel more full, and hopefully help in my goal of gaining both a few pounds and strength.

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment