Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Veggie Chicken Sandwiches

I never thought I would like Vegetarian type foods. Those meatless chicken patties or hamburgers never sounded appealing to me for a very long time.

However, after trying one these products for the first time, I was shocked...it was delicious.

Not only do the majority of these products taste well (especially the burgers, chicken patties, and sausage products), but the fat content of these food are relatively low.

Thus, meatless foods are often used in my own diet regime. Currently, I eat "Veggie Chicken Sandwiches" five times a week.


Ingredients:
2 Slices of Country Hearth Honey Wheat Bread
1 Slice of Crystal Farms Reduced Fat Provolone Cheese
1 Teaspoon of Ketchup
2 Morning Star Italian Herb Chicken Patties

This sandwich comes out to be approximately 561 calories. The macronutrient breakdown is 79 grams of carbohydrates, 33 grams of protein, and 16 grams of fat.

For an even healthier option, one could eliminate the two slices of bread, and eat only the patties with the cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment