Monday, January 26, 2015

Squat Form Check

After recently realizing that my shoulders have been falling over while squatting, I knew it was time for a change.

Typically, I would use a very wide grip that would cause my elbows to slightly flare outwards, as well as limit my ability to keep my upper back tight. Due to this, I feel like my back (specifically my lower back) seems to round during the upward portion of the squat.

Thus, I have brought my hands closer together to hopefully avoid this problem. However, I still feel like there is unnecessary movement in lower back during the movement.

The video below is from this morning's leg workout. This is 10 reps at 185. It was done with ease, but I'm more concerned about my form in this situation, rather than the weight.

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment